CACC Job Center
Below are current job openings at Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference Institutions.
Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference – Internal
The Internal Operations Assistant is primarily responsible for
maintaining and monitoring day-to-day business operation of the
Conference office in addition to serving as the office manager and
assisting in the areas of championships and compliance. The
individual reports to the Commissioner and works in a cooperative
effort with other members of the Conference office staff to achieve
as the Administrative Assistant for the Commissioner.
- Serve as primary bookkeeper for the Conference responsible for recording financial transactions; managing accounts payable and receivable; tracking payroll and tax payments through vendor; reconciling bank statements; updating the trial balance, profit-and-loss statement and balance sheet as necessary for reporting purposes throughout the fiscal year.
- Compiles financial information, invoices and equipment inventory as required for the Conference’s outside accountant and auditor; assists with the preparation of quarterly and annual budget reports including organizations 990 report.
- Contributes to the budget preparation and reconciliation for Conference championships.
- Assists the Associate Commissioner with the National Letter of Intent program and the NCAA Coaches Certification Exam as well as organize waiver applications for the conference.
- Assists with the gathering of information and preparation of Conference and NCAA reports (e.g. comparative data report and NCAA grant).
- Assists with the planning and coordination of various Conference championships, events and meetings.
- Oversees maintenance of office equipment and service agreements to include the individual workstations, copier, fax machine, telephones, wireless devices and postage meter.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two to three years of experience with management of office operations preferred.
- Bookkeeping experience and ability to utilize computerized general ledger software (e.g. QuickBooks) preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point; working knowledge of general computer systems required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in an organized and efficient manner required.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills in both oral and written form required.
Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference – Internship
The CACC is an NCAA Division II Conference with 14 members. The conference footprint extends from Connecticut to Delaware. The CACC sponsors 13 conference championships. The conference is headquartered in New Haven, Conn.
Purpose of the
To assist the CACC office staff with day-to-day operations as well as with preparations for special events and championships. Specific responsibilities and duties will be based on expertise and interests of selected Intern.
Intern will be given a unique opportunity to learn about and work within the office of an NCAA Division II Athletic Conference
- Positive and energetic team player with the ability to work
- Interest in pursuing a career in athletics
- Working knowledge of word, excel and internet
- Strong work ethic
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree (minimum)
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and list of references to email@example.com. Internship applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
University of the Sciences - Women's Basketball Head Coach
(Part Time Position – 10 months – Start Date August 1, 2013)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing support for the student-athlete’s welfare and understanding that academic commitments always remain the highest priority.
- Supervising the team’s behavior at practices and contests that exhibit a high level of sportsmanship and character.
- Responsible for operating and coaching the team in safe practices and games.
- Responsible for running/planning practices, managing competitions, and working with academic progress/support, weight training, fitness programs, and alumni relations.
- Responsible for in and out of season weight/fitness program and skills development that are endorsed the USciences Athletic Department and NCAA.
- Responsible for recruiting prospective student-athletes, developing recruitment strategies, and making all player/personnel decisions.
- Operating the University’s vehicles to games or practice facilities when directed by the Athletic Director.
- Directly responsible for the actions of the Assistant Coaches related to any aspect of sports management while on CACC or NCAA related business.
- Responsible for being familiar with all NCAA Division II regulations. This would include the successful completion of the NCAA Coaches Examination.
- Will abide by the institution’s personnel policies and NCAA athletic requirements regarding the reporting of outside athletic income including amount and source.
- Will participate in all continuing education programs regarding NCAA and CACC rules at the request of the Athletic Director.
- Three Years Basketball Coaching
- CPR and AED Certification
- Familiar with NCAA Division II Rules and Regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
To apply for this position, email a cover letter/letter of interest and resume (in MS Word or PDF format) along with salary range/expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submissions only
USciences is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Bloomfield College - Women's Basketball Head Coach
Bloomfield College, an NCAA Division II institution, is seeking
qualified candidates for the position of Head Women’s
Basketball Coach. This is a full-time, 12-month position,
reporting to the Director of Athletics.
- Recruitment of qualified student-athletes, with an emphasis on academic success and retention
- Oversee and develop measures to ensure academic progress of student-athletes
- Design and implement practice plans, in both championship and non-championship seasons
- Create a positive, cohesive team environment, motivating maximum levels of individual and team
- Design comprehensive strength and conditioning activities for both in-season and off-season periods
- Develop and implement comprehensive fundraising strategies
- Hire and supervise Assistant Coaches, and assign responsibilities as necessary
- Manage team travel arrangements and program budget
- Maintain compliance with NCAA, CACC and Bloomfield College regulations
- Perform other duties within the Athletic Department as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree required. Prior collegiate playing and coaching experience strongly preferred, preferably at the NCAA Division II level or above.
Please submit cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references to:
Director of Athletics
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. YOU WILL BE CONTACTED IF IT IS DETERMINED YOU MIGHT BE A CANDIDATE FOR THIS POSITION.
Felician College - Assistant Baseball Coach
Felician College, an independent Catholic/Franciscan college with campuses in Lodi and Rutherford, N.J., seeks qualified applicants for the position of assistant baseball coach. Felician is a member of NCAA Division II and competes in the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC).
The opening is a part-time, 10-month position. An annual stipend, plus the opportunity for hourly employment on campus, is available. The successful candidate will report to the head baseball coach and the director of athletics.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting head coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training and competition.
- Assisting in the identification, scouting, and recruitment of potential baseball student-athletes, including electronic, phone, and mail correspondence.
- Traveling with team to and from all away contests and assist in travel arrangements. Driving team van when applicable.
- Maintaining appearance and demeanor that communicates confidence, confidentiality, and professionalism at all times.
Required qualifications include
- Associate and/or bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated successful baseball coaching experience
- Knowledge of NCAA Division II rules and regulations
- The ability to work well with student-athletes and function effectively in a Catholic college environment.
Preferred qualifications include
- Previous collegiate coaching experience
- Master’s degree
Position is available immediately and applications will be accepted until it is filled. Please send letter of interest, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references to Chris Langan, Head Baseball Coach, via electronic mail, LanganC@felician.edu. Applications will also be accepted via FAX, 201-559-3601.